01. Kate is one of those models that truly shines through any shoot. I used just an Elinchrom Quadra flash head for this simple shot.
I shoot model portfolios from time to time and here are 12 frames from a recent studio session.
02. Kate loved the flare shots I took of Agata Mazur back in 2010 and I set about recreating a few similars in my studio. I shot this with one Lupolux DayLED 100 lamp from behind. I didn’t notice Kate’s bra strap on the first few images but this got edited for the frames we sent her. These are just the Lightroomed set. I have the client pictures Photoshopped as required.
Make up and hair by Vicki Waghorn
Camera: Fujifilm X-Pro1, 18-55mm lens, Tiffen 1/4 black pro mist filter.
03. When I’m shooting flare shots I use my left hand to control the quantity of light directly hitting the lens.I like to ‘connect’ in portfolio work. Fashion neutral expressions are boring by comparison.
04. It’s rare for me to shoot from above the eye line but I chose to soften Kate’s look by shooting from above.
06. A corset by Lisa Keating made a guest appearance and Kate loved the corseted look.
08. Kate is kind, eloquent, beautiful, patient and professional. If you are an agent and are interested in signing Kate please get in touch with me and I’ll pass your details onto her.
12. Kate is one of the best, most natural and gorgeous models that I have worked with.
If you are a model and you want some personality in your portfolio please get in touch with me via Laura, my PA. We can work on a style of image to suit your potential and bring out your inner self.
Please feel free to comment.