01. Michaela in one of our exciting abandoned house venues. The hair light was from hazy sun coming through a small hole in the roof of the kitchen.
The trip to Italy wasn’t just about finding and shooting in ruins. I wanted to explore the Italy of today too. Like in a lot of mainland Europe, the past is living in the architecture and culture of it’s inhabitants. Here are a few of my street portraits and location shots…
02. This is a snapshot of Rimini a thriving market town right on the sea.
03. San Leo is a classic fortified hill top town offering sleepy back streets for portrait shoots and a wonderful restaurant where we can enjoy the local Piadinas.
04. San Leo offers rustic as well as classically designed spaces.
05. San Leo has a laid back culture punctuated with festivals. I am reliably informed that the young mayor of San Leo will welcome us with open arms and grant us the freedom of the town to shoot street fashion. Planning ahead and seeking permissions always pays off.
06. San Leo.
07. A typical abandoned farmhouse shoot location we found enroute.
Those are a few of the shoot location options I recced for my October workshop. On the Monday I did a test shoot with Michaela our second model and I suggested we play tourists to get the shoot underway. These pictures are unstyled tests…
08. Michaels soaking up the sun in one of the many hill top towns near Rimini.
09. Lit with a Lastolite reflector
10. With far less of the reflector.
After playing tourists we went to another old farmhouse for some rustic shooting…
30. After the shoot at the old abandoned farmhouse we went up a nearby hill to see the thunder storm over Rimini and we were nearly blown off the top with the powerful gusts.
Our recommended Hotel for the Rimini part of our October workshop is the sumptuous, lavishly detailed DuoMo. A boutique hotel in every sense of the word. An amazing room rate has been secured for our trip more akin to YHA rates :) Contact Laura for the complete picture, rates and dates.
100. DuoMo Hotel in the heart of Rimini
Please take a look at part 1 of this adventure together with my ‘Lovegrove Nude’ pictures. Here are the details for the workshop in October.
Please feel free to discuss the pictures or locations below.