1. A simple set up to get us going. Lit with just a Lupo 1200 on minimum power.
Cat Hepple set up this test shoot with Chloe Jasmine Whichello to establish some new lighting styles and I second shot. We were at the fabulous Hampton Manor, the scene of future workshops, I’m sure. We kept things simple throughout the shoot being led by the ever-changing natural light. Chloe-Jasmine Whichello was our model. Enjoy the pictures…
2. We used sunlight, fabulous sunlight coming through the gaps in partly closed curtains to light CJ.
7. I love this editorial style image. I could just see it on a double page spread.
11. We went high key too.
13. This shot was lit with window light alone.
14. I then popped the Lupo on to bring these shots alive.
16. A Lupo kick adds glamour to the lighting. A CJ 'look' completes the picture.
17. We nipped into the drawing room to capture the golden tones of the decor en route to the great outdoors.
19. Next to the walled garden stands the greenhouses and tool sheds. A great location to harmonise colour.
24. A bit of lighting magic and a narrow colour palette make this shot.
33. Chloe-Jasmine coming through a hedge :)
34. The shot as it was supposed to look.
35. Cat Hepple has the power to shock. What did she say?
36. Picture perfect. 100mm macro lens at f/2.8
This shoot echoes some of the fabulous shoots that Chloe Jasmine and I had in 2010. They culminated in our first book, the lavishly bound Chloe – Jasmine Whichello.
First edition copies signed by both Chloe-Jasmine and myself are now available for £49.50 including p&p from the Floppy Chicken website. Click on the picture to have a look.
Please feel free to discuss the lighting, ask about the techniques that we used and to list your favourites.
If you fancy a 1:1 shoot experience with me to build your portfolio or to learn about lighting ask Blaise for dates and rates.
You can also browse our range of upcoming photography training courses here.
||Sarah Ferrara (@sarahfphoto)
@damienlovegrove oh my GOD!!!!!! I needed this inspiration to boost my flagging spirits. Simply stunning. Love them all.
Thu Apr 28 08:49:40 2011