Shoot for LK Bespoke bridal featuring Victoria Lindsay Coutts

Sep 15, 2012 | Continuous Lighting, Flash, Location | 14 comments

01. Victoria wears a bridal corset and skirt by Lisa Keating. Lit with a bare faced Elinchrom Quadra.

Here are a dozen frames for our mini test shoot featuring a few pieces of corsetry by the fabulous Lisa Keating. Makeup was by Vicki Waghorn and our model was Victoria Lindsay Coutts.

02. A woodland adventure in the rain was an interesting way to get the shoot started. Keeping the bridal wear clean was one task and the lighting dry another. I used three Lupolux DayLED spotlights connected to lithium battery powered inverters to light this shot of Victoria.

04. I set one Lupolux DayLED 650 to be a distant sun. With continuous lighting what you see is what you get so controlling flare is very easy indeed.

05. I used a Lupolux DayLED 1000 as a kick light here. I also used it to back light the leaves on the left of frame. The pure sine wave inverters last for over three hours with the DayLED 1000. They are super light weight too.

06. Woodland makes an interesting location for fashion shooting. I have some fantastic local woodlands available for shoots.

08. The rural landscape is an amazing place to pull inspiration from.

10. A blip of Quadra on an overcast day just lifts the picture.

12. Poping the power up to 5 on the Quadra provided for some striking cloud definition. Maybe more than was required but it’s fun to do and that’s what motivates me.

If you would like me to photograph your collection, take a look here. Please feel free to discuss the images or techniques used.

1. Adam

Always love your work Damien might see you in Australia soon. Do give me a warning though, to save up, worth every penny!

Haha, Thanks Adam. I’m due down under again soon. I owe Adelaide a visit.

Stay inspired, Damien.

2. Helen

I hope one day you make a DVD full of countryside shoot ideas Damien, fabulous stuff.

Hi Helen,

Thank you. You just have to get out there and explore your surrounding shoot spots. A lot of the locations I use are already in my DVDs including the woods in this set of pictures.

3. Matt F

Love the high key effect of shot 9 Damien- stunning! :)

Thanks Matt :)

4. Gordon

Love those clouds!

Thanks Gordon. Somersetshire at it’s best.

5. Teck

No 9..heavenly..is it shot into the light and with the Fuji Xpro1 ?

Hi Teck,

It was great to shoot with you in Spain. Yes, shot into the light on the X-Pro1. It’s a little marvel of a camera.

Best wishes,

Damien :)

6. Sona

No 9 is my favourite;)

Hi Sona,

Number 9 is a big favourite here too. No effort needed apart from pulling all the resources together ;)

Thank you for your continued support, best wishes, Damien.

7. Tony Sale

Just saw your tweet on these so thought I would take a look. Beautiful set of photo’s, as always! Love them all but especially the last three, great lighting great angle.

Thanks Tony. It’s always good to know Tweets work. Thanks for your kind words too.

Best regards, Damien.