Couples pictures and poses

Nov 4, 2012 | Flash, Location | 16 comments

Here is a selection of the 80 or so pictures I shot while leading one of my photographing couples workshops in the UK. I keep the delegate numbers to just 6 so that everyone gets a good opportunity to shoot each setup. We used just one Speedlight or natural light for these pictures.
Models: Nikki and Matt
Location: Bristol

If you have a global location that you think would make an excellent location for this type of training workshop please email my PA with details. If you’d like to book me for a 1:1 or small group training session, take a look here.

Please feel free to discuss these pictures in the comments below.

Photographing Couples Training Video

1. Julian Mitchell

You are the master at this sort of imagery Damien

2. Damien Lovegrove

Hi Sean Chiffers. I use Speedlights off camera in 99% of situations :)

3. Sean Chiffers

Lovely set of images. Where the single speed light shots mostly on or of camera?

4. David Stubbs

Damien

I had a shock when I saw the beautiful Nikki and Matt with what looked like sunlight! ha

Yeah, the rainy shots are better! – ha

Many thanks

David

Cheers, David :)

5. Dennis Ebben

I really like -all- these images. Looks like a great workshop.

Thanks Dennis. It’s woth the trip over from Holland :) Cheers, Damien.

6. Ming

Thanks Damien for the wonderful course! Learn loads of ideas and insights! The series of images above are absolutely stunning and crisp!

Thanks Ming :)

7. andrew cresswell

Lovely work as usual Damien, a beautiful relaxed set of images. I can’t decide whether I prefer the colour or mono shots.

Thanks Andrew. I prefer mono in album prints but colour on walls :) Cheers, Damien.

8. Mike

Nice set of images Damien.Where they taken on your fuji.Is it compatible with the PW plus11s
    Jus tcurious as was looking at the x100 as it has come down in price a little.
    Anyway keep posting your images for all to enjoy.
    Mike

Hi Mike,

Thank you. Most shots were with my Canon 5D2 but some were with my Fuji X100. The Fujis are compatable with PW plus 2s :)

Kind regards,

9. David Stubbs

This was a fantastic day of shooting Damien. I enjoyed every second it and learnt so much! Can you believe that it rained the entire day! You wouldn’t think so from the photos (other than the umbrella shot!). I started the day disappointed, not expecting to get the most out of it because of the rain – how wrong was I!?!

My efforts can be seen on my blog.

Looking to book myself on another course next year, the bridal shoot at The Manchester Hilton looks tempting. Many thanks again Damien. Your a legend and an inspiration!

Hi David,

Oops my mistake. It seemed I blogged the wrong set of images earlier tonight so I replaced them with this sunny set from a few days ago. The images from our rainy day shoot are here. I think I prefer them, don’t you? It was great to have you with us. Stay inspired!

Best wishes, Damien.