01. The wall of the Hilton provided a great backdrop for our first shot of the day. I love the yellow lines at the base of the frame.
Model: Carla Monaco
Styling: Johanna Ormsby and Damien Lovegrove
Make up: Jemma Stokes
Here are a few pictures from a street fashion workshop I ran in Manchester earlier this month.
02. I used a Panelite reflector to light Carla in this frame.
03. The back streets of Manchester provide textures and smells to ignite creativity. A single Elinchrom Quadra head did the trick here.
04. It’s like being back in New York when I see signage like this.
05. The Quadra was at half power to bring Carla up to the light level I wanted here.
06. As if by magic a yellow car appeared from nowhere and I was back in New York again.
07. An Orbis with a Speedlight was all I used for this shot on the steps of a night club.
08. The night club provided several textures to play with.
09. Rivets are one of my loves and this Manchester location has plenty of them.
10. A three light set up was next on the cards as we entered the dark zone in Castlefield.
11. A low viewpoint gave a great perspective to Carla. I used a couple of light sources for this shot. A soft key from the Quadra in a silver umbrella and a bare faced Speedlight from behind.
12. In the zones of the homeless there are many bio hazards to be aware of but the pictures are exciting too.
13. A splash of flash from the Quadra gave these last two pictures punch.
14. The canal basin at Deansgate.
Feel free to leave a comment below. If you would like to attend one of my street fashion workshops email Laura and state your city of choice. It can be where you live or a fabulous location anywhere in the world. Make it exciting and you never know.